On February 19, 2014, OFCCP published a correction to its notice seeking comments on its form for individuals to file discrimination and retaliation complaints. The complaint form, which is designated as Form CC-4, requests information from individuals making complaints of discrimination and retaliation against federal contractors and subcontractors, including whether the complainant believes the contractor has discriminated or retaliated against others. OFCCP has shown an increasing interest in pursuing individual complaints of discrimination and retaliation over the last few years, and these proposed changes suggests that it plans to continue the trend.
The original notice published in the Federal Register on February 5, 2014 provided a slightly revised version of the Form CC-4 and sought comments on:
- Whether the proposed collection of information is useful or necessary for OFCCP to perform its functions;
- Whether OFCCP accurately estimated the burden of collecting this information;
- Whether any improvements needed to be made to the quality, utility and clarity of the information requested in the form; and
- How to minimize the burden on those who are completing the form, such as permitting electronic submissions.
In the correction notice, OFCCP made several revisions to its notice and proposed complaint form, including:
- Revising the statement in the notice that incorrectly indicated that the proposed complaint form was currently available on OFCCP’s website; and
- Updating several fields that were left blank in the proposed complaint form, including the three fields located in the left-hand column and the third and bottom rows of the form.
Interested parties will still have until April 7, 2014 to submit comments on the proposed complaint form.